Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Refashioned Halloween



Halloween turned out to be a busy season.  Costumes, costumes, costumes and face painting galore.  Three parties, and a bunch of happy little pumpkins.  It was a whirlwind amazing time, but...  I am tired.  

I had the best intentions of posting some tutorials, but all I have to offer are some random before and after photos.  Enjoy.



I found this button up at a local thrift store for $3. I turned it around and made a sleeveless tunic.  I then painted a pop art design with fabric markers.


Front.


Back.


The whole family.



A little robot.  I stitched on felt to a refashioned mens t-shirt and made the mask and head piece out of felt. The buttons were covered with aluminum foil.

***

A friend's daughter brought over her old costumes.




And I refashioned her a mermaid costume.  What a cutie!


We also dressed up for a Dias de los Muertos party.  I love sugar skulls.










2 comments:

  1. Great ideas! really impressed with your original and genuine way you have put your story across - you're an inspiration and I am following your journey - awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crave Freebies for world residents are listed here. Updated daily. Crave Free Stuff to see the latest Free Samples offers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!