Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Man's Dress Shirt to Adorable Top

I found this  Michael Kors man's dress shirt, a gem, at a neighborhood wide garage sale for $2.  Needless to say, I was in heaven.  I loved the print, but it was a bit baggy for me.


I had a vision for this shirt right from the beginning.  My plan was to turn it around backwards.

Terrible photo, but it's backwards.
 I then cut the top of, right below the back panel.  


There was just enough room left in the sleeve area to make new sleeves.  So I sewed up the top, right sides together, and put it on Dotty to fashion a new collar line and size it up.



Next, I tacked the pleats down, folded the collar line over and stitched it up.  The back had a small slit at the top, so I added a snap to keep it shut.  I stitched around the sleeve holes, and presto!  New adorable top!







4 comments:

  1. I love your ideas and this is one of my favorites !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Jill. It was a fun refashion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to nail you in the ass

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just jacked off to these pictures

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!